Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Have a Decent Birthday

It's hard to wish someone a "happy" birthday when their newborn son is in the hospital for the 8th day. Yet it should not go without note that Pat Rock turns 32 years old on the 8th day of August. I'm sure, after this week, he feels like he's 32 going on 42. I could not be more thankful to be married to him than I am this week. In spite of the emotional strain, exhaustion that comes from fitful nights on a small hospital couch, and endless demands from his employer in spite of his situation, he has remained totally present in these difficult circumstances-- insuring that both Conrad and his mother are more than cared for. My only complaint being that when I tell him its his turn to go down and feed the baby, he keeps giving me some flimsy excuse about having no boobs. Blah, blah, blah!

Happy Birthday Pat! Life couldn't be as rich without you.

Blog Archive