Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 7

This might sound borderline morbid or insensitive, but, today, my grandpa underwent emergency surgery that they were not sure he would live through. That was NOT fun. Seeing my grandma in a total state of panic; not fun. Watching my grandpa moan in pain after the surgery (which he came through much better than anticipated); also not fun. The silver lining? An unexpected short road trip with just my siblings to be with my mom and extended family while they waited on the outcome of the surgery, and reminiscing about our favorite childhood memories of our grandparents all day long. When my sister was 12, she accomplished a life long goal...she finally beat my grandpa at checkers. My grandpa's response? He wouldn't talk to her the rest of the day.

One Christmas we got a karaoke machine. My grandpa sang "Blueberry Hill" and "Good night Irene", and my grandma sang "Ordinary Average Guy". I would give just about anything to find that cassette.

Blog Archive