Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Dishwasher Update...

For those of you really involved in our dishwasher saga...

Just when I was growing almost fond of my new, snazzier dishwasher, it broke. Yes, it ran 2 or even 3 loads quite well, but on Friday afternoon I noticed three little screw laying on their side on the floor of the dishwasher. Because they had no apparent home in the dishwasher, I retrieved them. When I went to run the dishwasher, it did nothing but make this terrible moan, and the water did not activate as it normally would. Quickly the dishwasher began to smell like burning motor, and I quickly shut it off. I opened the door and stuck my hand into the base of the dishwasher, allowing the palm of my hand to rest on the useless black tubing the runs the perimeter of the floor of the dishwasher. Oh wait, did I say "useless black tubing" because what I meant to say was "scalding HOT, going to melt your flesh off, black tubing that I had no idea was a conduit for heat"!!!! Yeah, I may have slept through the mechanics of a dishwasher in HomeEc or something because I had no idea that that tubing heated the water and created the steam that dries the dishes. And I guess those three little screws just lieing on the floor of the dishwasher, screwed into nothing were crucial or something. Pat must have thought so too because when I called him and told him the preceeding story, he replied: "Did you try laying the screws back in there?"

No, I did not. And the warranty repair comes tomorrow to fix the problem, we hope. I have heard of "trophy wives" but not "trophy dishwashers." Yeah, I miss that ugly dishwasher after all.

Blog Archive