Thursday, October 27, 2005

dalla macchina

Reading some blurb in magazine about vending machine snacks brought an unsettling truth to my life. The short article was offering what are the least evil of foods that one could choose from a vending machine in a pinch.

From best to worst:
1. Newton's Natural Trail Mix (I have never seen this in a vending machine)
2. Pretzels
3. Raisinets
4. Potato Chips
5. Reese's
6. Grandma's Peanut Butter Cookie
7. Nutri-Grain Bar
8. Twix
9. Combos

Let's back up to numero 7. Okay, I obviously knew that Nutri-Grain bars (and their associated clones from other brands) weren't the most nutritious offering, but seriously -- I'm better off feeding my kid Raisinets, Potato Chips, Reese's, AND those mysteriously soft Grandma's cookies??? Needless to say, those fruity cereal bars are off my grocery list forever, but I must say that there is power in a name. I guess "Nutri" and "Grain" really suckered me in.

Blog Archive