Saturday, February 17, 2007

Happiness Is...

...finding a full supply of Brach's Sour Cherry Jels after your entire family searched for them for weeks. My sister mentioned that she had looked several places for this traditional Valentine treat, but had no luck finding them. Did you say CANDY? Say no more -- we were all looking. Even the 2 year old walked into Walgreens and demanded directly from the cashier, "Do you have Maria's candy here?" A shipment of them came in to Meijer just before the holiday, and my father was more than relieved when I emailed to say the search was over. He had looked in 19 different locations in at least 4 states. Don't say we don't love each other! When E and I stumbled upon them, I'm pretty sure I gasped out loud, and E clutched the first bag (of several) I put in the cart to her chest for the duration of our shopping trip, repeating "We found them. We finally found them."

...getting to sit in the super wide, leather goodness of first class seats that you did not pay for. E and I took a quick trip to Ft. Myers the first part of the week to see Pat's parents. (Read: Indulge their obsession with our kid while I read fiction by the pool.) After my experience with AirTran this week, I'm not exactly sure I would recommend them. But after going to no less than 4 employees because my daughter was assigned a seat 11 rows behind my own, we ended up in first class by virtue of those being the only two seats left together on the flight.
In retrospect, I'm not so sure why I was so hell bent on sitting with my kid knowing how enjoyable it is to fly alone, but I will say, those seats up there are BIG!

...leaving 78 degree Florida sun in order to return to sub-zero wind chills and over a foot of snow. Then spending 2 hours today, assisting your husband in removing that snow (against his will), now compacted, from your long driveway that seemed like such an asset when you purchased house several springs ago but now just seems like a giant pain in the ass. Oh wait...that's not happy...

...but...

Blog Archive