Monday, October 22, 2007

Tis the Season

Oooh, its not even Tuesday, and I'm remembering to post a recipe. I've also written a class profile, read an education journal article, and wrote a review of the article this morning. Of course, this also means that I have yet to shower, my daughter is dressed in a pink tank, orange shorts, green socks, and red sandals of her own choosing (and its not even 65 degrees out), and our son has spent most of his waking hours this morning in the swing. I can do it all, just not at the same time.

There is a chill in the air which always make me think of my favorite fall flavors. I love the sweet, nutty flavors that you find in pumpkins, butternut squash, and sweet potatoes this time of year. Because these flavors are not high on my husband's list of favorites, we'll be having this fennel soup for dinner tonight -- only the 2nd or 3rd pot of soup this season. But it won't be long until I make my annual pot of this pumpkin soup. I generally eat most of it myself, but its good and easy if you like the taste of pumpkin. And these quick pumpkin muffins also pack a big pumpkin taste.

Now to see about getting something done today that does not involve my laptop.

Blog Archive