Monday, October 08, 2007

Recipe Monday

My friend Jamie is trying to post a new recipe every Monday. With October feeling more like August and a son who inevitably wants to eat precisely when I want to start cooking, I've not necessarily been bringing my "A" game to the dinner table lately. Trader Joe's freezer section has been a friend to me in recent months. But here are a few links to some online recipes that have made the cut at our dinner table.

Bean Flautas
(You'll have to read the post to find the recipe. And since we're not vegans, we recommend some cheese in these.)

Eggplant Parmesan
(Pat always requests to have this dish only one layer deep so the eggplant and cheese get kind of crispy.)

Spicy Roasted Edamame
(I've probably posted this one before, but its worth repeating. Pat also did something similar with fresh green beans a couple of weeks ago that was really good.)

Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
(Again, you'll have to read the post to glean the recipe. Mix it with pesto, spread it on french bread, top it with feta, and broil it a bit. Tonight, I used it in lieu of pizza sauce. Thanks to the hottest October ever, we're still getting cherry tomatoes out of the garden.)




Blog Archive